OUR CULTURE - 5 STAR SERVICE
At SaludVIP, our commitment, our passion and our culture sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Our team settles for nothing less than 5 star service! We take great care of our team and great care of our patients.
We are currently searching for an upbeat, positive, career minded, enthusiastic team member who aspires to grow professionally to work as a Float Medical Assistant (CMA, RMA, MA) for our Primary Care Clinics in Greater Orlando (Curry Ford, Sanford, & future locations in Oviedo & Deltona).
Successful candidates will assist providers in the examination and treatment of patients following established standards and practices. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with excellent communication skills.
Medical Assistants are offered an opportunity to earn a performance bonus in addition to their hourly rate!
- Performs a variety of both direct and indirect patient care duties under the direction and supervision of a SaludVIP provider.
- Greets patients and prepares them for provider examination by obtaining patient history, chief complaint, current medications, medical history, allergies, surgical history, family history, social history and other preventative medicine reviews and records information in the patient electronic medical record.
- Measures and records vital signs and records them in the EMR.
- Triage incoming phone calls and/or patients in office.
- Explains treatment procedures and prepares both the patient and exam room for examination.
- Provides both patient and provider support during procedures by handing instruments or equipment to the physician as directed.
- Cleans and/or sterilizes reusable instruments and equipment after use.
- Performs clinical duties including administration of oral and injectable medications, irrigation of eyes and ears, dresses and bandages wounds and incisions, starts and monitors IV infusion, and assists physicians with any/all procedures as requested.
- Performs in office diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, administration of oxygen as ordered, pulse oximetry, peak flow and inhalation treatments.
- Performs in office CLIA-waived lab tests
- Carries out quality controls related to lab equipment and testing, completes and maintains lab related logs, performs PT/INR utilizing CoaguChek/Coag Sense machine and performs glucose testing utilizing glucometer.
- Completes electronic medical record to include medical services rendered, test results and supplies used.
- Monitors disposable inventory and places orders for medical supplies and pharmaceuticals as requested.
- Draws blood and processes specimens for send-out.
- Provide patient education as directed by the provider.
- Assists front office registration team members by performing additional clerical duties including: Patient check-in/out, referrals, prescription medication management, inbound/outbound telephone calls etc..
- Helps maintain an adequate inventory of office medications and medical supplies and orders as needed.
- Medical Assistant experience, Accredited Medical Asst. program preferred (RMA or CMA).
- CPR Certified.
- IV Start Certification preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred; knowledge of various collection methods and testing such as bleeding times, collecting donor blood, bedside testing and preparing specimens.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical coding.
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Knowledge of OSHA.
- Working knowledge of common prescription medications that treat conditions and diseases for the patient population VIPcare serves.
- Minimum of four to five years medical assisting experience.
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- 401k, with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays