There are effective ways to protect yourself from contracting the flu or at least managing it when sick, especially during these months where the spread of the virus is at its highest.
These methods all rely on taking preventative measures to help combat the virus, including:
- Vaccinate against the flu
- Keep your distance and avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick to prevent spreading your illness to others
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Washing your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, especially when someone is ill
- Get plenty of sleep to recover
- Exercise regularly and stay active
- Manage your stress
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food
Call us to schedule a Coffee Hour with our Doctors and learn more about the Flu!